I am so sorry I've been a complete recluse recently, but I'm in the final week of the QUARTER FROM HELL and all I've been doing is school and...avoiding doing things for school by fucking around on Tumblr and writing angsty fanfiction.
But, anyway, here to tell you I'm not dead and to drop off this meme before heading back to
☆ Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered ... whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
☆ If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
☆ Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ so that the holiday joy will spread.
☆ Surf around your friends list (or friends' friends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
☆ If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it. You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call. There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just... wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. Fanart of any of my fics, any fandom. I completely and utterly adore getting art for things I've written. There's no better feeling than knowing something you wrote inspired someone else enough for them to draw something, however small. Seriously, instant warm fuzzy feelings for days and days after I get art for fics.
2. This feeling of complete and utter inadequacy to go away. This year has been a struggle and a half to convince myself that I'm not a shit writer and person and that I'm actually doing something that makes a difference. Something happened recently that was a pretty big blow to my self-esteem in that regard, so I'd really like these feelings to just...go away forever.
3. The Uta No Prince Sama Class S
. I am never going to get this because it's approximately 150$, but a girl can dream, right?
4. Posterrrrs. My wall in my dorm is really bare. I'd like nighttime cityscapes of Paris and Tokyo and Beijing, along with more fandom oriented posters like The World Ends With You, Adventure Time, or France and America's stick posters.
5. Fanworks of pairs I love. It's always nice to see stuff of things you like, of course!
6. Makeup, specifically eye shadows. You can never have too many colors! I like Urban Decay a whole whole lot, but I can be persuaded to like things that have funny and unique names. Seriously, I have bought so much stuff just because it had a cute/witty name.
7. Coffee/tea. I love trying out new stuff people think is awesome.
8. Internship at a publishing company. Preferably paid.
9. Icons of things/characters I like. I kinda fail at making them myself, after all :|a
all my pairs to become canon the power to destroy my enemies Daito Shunsuke
If you need my address, just drop me a comment here or in a PM. ^.^
Oh, also, there is this: Holiday Love Meme
I hope the rest of you are keeping as stress-free as you can this time of year. Chin up, we're almost there~!